Crockpot Mac & Cheese~

Found a recipe for Crockpot Mac & Cheese. I have never really liked mac & cheese much or even pasta for that matter, but others around me do, so, since I am still using my Crockpot for much of my cooking, I thought I would give it a try-I have now become a fan of mac & cheese. This recipe is soooo good , I was very surprised. I made a few changes to the recipe to make it a bit more creamy and really liked the way it turned out. -Surprisingly-...
...I also think you could use a healthier noodle but this is definitely NOT a dairy free recipe.....simple. simple. recipe:
Crockpot Mac & Cheese
Ingredients:
Cooking spray and Oil
2 cups milk
1 Cup 1/2 & 1/2
Pepper and possibly Salt to taste later,
     ( the cheese has so much salt in it )
1 1/2 Cups pre-shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup 'Queso Quesadilla' Shredded Cheese or any other  
   White Cheese, like Mozzarella
2 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni-or other small noodle

Directions:
Spray the Crockpot Very Well and drizzle in Oil around the sides & edges. This will keep the Mac & Cheese from sticking -because it will stick a little anyway- 
Mix together Milks, Cheeses and Pepper.
Add the Uncooked Macaroni. 
Stir together until well combined & pour into Crockpot.  
Turn Crockpot to LOW and Cook 3-4 hours--No longer or it will dry out.
Picture isn't that great but it sure tastes great!

Comments

Popular Posts