Art Journals~

Creating outside has become one of my favorite things to do, while the weather is gorgeous and temperatures are reasonable, it would be good timing. Living in the mountains as we do, it can get really cold, really fast-so I try to be outside as much as possible before it gets too frigid. Someone once said "there is no such thing as bad weather , only bad clothing". I suppose thats true, if you have the right clothes for cold weather, but using frozen fingers outside can be tricky. Since I know our winter is just around the corner, we had a class to create an Art Journal. As the summer was winding down we took all our supplies, lunch, coffee/tea/whatever and headed over to 'The Lake' - Big Bear Lake Ca. My sister was here for her vacation as well, so it made that even more fun. We love to laugh together-at anything-...
~This Art Journal~ started with Cardboard. yep, cardboard, any kind, cut into pieces to form a booklet.Then decorated with scrap papers, stickers and a few miscellaneous embellishments. Held together with 2 office rings. The idea came to me as I began thinking how I needed to have more of a regular creative outlet. A simple timeframe daily, to have my devotions (short phrase, bible verse, a line or 2 from a song) yet also have a moment for art. Combining the two. Keeping it very simple without taking too much time. So it began and I shared the idea with some friends.







Comments

Popular Posts