1st Altered Book~

This is my 1st Altered Book. A lot of detail went into making this one and I enjoyed every minute of it. The photos below show some of the steps I took in creating it.
I used an old book which already had some character to begin.  
I used corrugated cardboard & cut the heart to show the layers.
 I used copper paint to distress it,  made layers by adding a cardboard frame,
music and a strip across the front.
The strip is made from more cardboard and a piece of lightweight
metal which I punched 'LOVE' across & flowers
I cut into the pages to make a 'well'.
Creating the inside was a blast-deciding what I would 'hide'.
This photo shows the detail of the cut pages
which have been glued together.
I chose a few select photos to go in the 'pocket' behind a piece of lace
 which is also glued to stay in place.







Comments

Popular Posts