Collage on Canvas~

I recently held a class to try my hand at Collage on Canvas, in a teaching setting. I have always had craft times in my home as well as other places but this was a little different in that I was charging a fee. It was fun to stretch a little further in my comfort zone. I kept it small, as an experiment, to see how it would go and felt pleased with the results. My hopes are to apply myself in teaching more in the future. Now I need to organize my time and make it happen!

 Basic Steps to create your own Collage on Canvas

  1. Choose a canvas size,  I found smaller is better
  2. Choose book pages , sheet music & other papers for background-torn to layer 
  3. Brush canvas with Matt Mod Podge & add background pages,overlaying as you go to get the look you want
  4. Smooth out as you go to prevent most bubbles, some are ok
  5. Let dry a little bit and then add some watery paint to wash over & drip across canvas & papers....have fun
  6. Find some things to add texture ,such as bubble wrap..etc
  7. Add a cutout such as a butterfly or bird, other..again have fun, be creative...If you are reading this , no doubt you are the creative type and will find your way as you go....
  8. Add a cut out phrase that you like and then seal with a coat of Glossy or Matt Mod Podge



















Comments

Popular Posts